Media missions short course
Kona, Hawaii | April 2-23, 2020 | $2,400*
"This is the course I wish I had 20-years ago when starting out."
Are you called as a Media Missionary?
The Media Missions Short Course puts the flow into your workflow by giving you the technical and hands-on training you need. We will help you to plan, capture and create timely, honoring stories that will educate, inspire and mobilize your audiences.
Working alongside veteran writers, photographers and videographers, you will learn how to plan and gear-up for a field assignment because we believe the best way to learn is by doing.
WEEK 1 – PHOTOGRAPHY
April 2,3 ARRIVALS
- Find your bunks and settle in
- Campus Orientation
- Camera Basics
- Virtual dSLR: Manual Exposure, Aperture, ISO
- Friday Night Welcome Luau
- Saturday – Media Demo "Fire Drill"
- Sunday Worship AM / Afternoon
- Beach: Snorkel & Burn
April 6-10 The Basics
- Newsroom Overview & Digital Asset Management (DAM)
- Camera Stills - Composition, Lighting, Moment
- Story Architecture
- 8-Rules of Photojournalism
- Camera Video - Frame Rate and Color Space
Meet the Instructors
Learn in beautiful Kona, Hawaii
It’s a level playing field. We are looking for aptitude and heart more than any kind of resume. God does not choose the prepared as much as He chooses the willing. And we want to know that you have heart… and that you’re willing to make sound choices to tell His story.
Camera/recording equipment will be provided for class time; however, if you do wish to use your own equipment (camera/computer) for sake of familiarity, by all means bring them along for your own use.
- Airport Shuttle
- Workshop Fees
- Housing (Dorm-style)
- Daily Meals
- Class-Related Travel on island
- Canon Professional Gear Rental
- Airfare to/from Kona
- Applicable Visas
- Health Insurance, State-required TB test
- Personal travel / weekend getaway expenses
We want you to discover God’s perspective FOR COMMUNICATING as you become passionate visual storytellers making a positive impact on today's generation - inside and outside the walls of the Church - through the production of quality content that is geared for today’s discerning multi-media audiences.